There are not many people who like to discourse about sexual illness. But it is something that can happen to anyone at any point in their life. This is why it is necessary to have adequate knowledge about such topics for future reference. This will help them identify any kind of sexual problem or disorder and consult a Sexologist in Firozpur at the right time.
One of the most common sexual disorders many men suffer from is erectile dysfunction, also known as ED. Almost 10 million men in India suffer from this problem, but very few seek help from professionals for Erectile dysfunction treatment in Moga.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
It is a condition in which some men cannot get an erection or maintain it for a long time during sexual intercourse. However, it is quite natural not to get an erection for various reasons like stress or grief. But if this condition becomes chronic, then you are suffering from erectile dysfunction. ED can leave a traumatic effect on man’s minds as they tend to lose self-confidence and esteem due to this issue. Apart from that, it can also drift apart the relationship by creating disputes between the couple.
Remember, the key is to communicate with your partner as well as your sexologist.
What Are The Symptoms Of ED?
Many times the absence of an erection can be a result of emotional or physical turmoil. So how can you spot the difference between a once-in-a-while and chronic issue?
These signs might help you identify whether it is a temporary problem or a sexual disorder.
- Having a low sexual interest or low libido.
- Premature ejaculation
- Inability to reach the climax or achieve orgasm.
If you observe these problems continuously for at least two months, then you are most likely to have erectile dysfunction.
Apart from that, if you are a chronic patient, then also you are more at risk of being susceptible to ED.
What Are The Health Conditions That Could Lead To Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction not only causes disputes in a relationship but also indicates the underlying sign of a health condition. These are some of the health conditions that can lead to erectile dysfunction, so be mindful.
- Blocked blood vessels
- Heart problems
- High level of bad cholesterol or LDL
- Parkinson’s diseases
- Sleep disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
What Are The Risk Factors Of Erectile Dysfunction?
We have listed down a few factors that increase the chances of erectile dysfunction in you:
- Use of tobacco: Tobacco reduces the supply of blood to your penis and also narrows your blood vessels. And an erection is only possible when a huge amount of blood travels to the penis.
- Obesity: Being overweight can also reduce the blood to the penis leading to erectile dysfunction.
- Prostate cancer treatment surgery or radiation therapy.
- Meeting with an accident causes damage to the arteries or nerves connected to the penis.
- A surgery that impacts the nerves or the spinal cord.
- Drinking too much or consuming drugs.