Infertility is becoming a common problem, be it men or women both are diagnosed with infertility. In such a case, you must visit the best IVF Centre in Punjab to understand the reason behind infertility and accordingly get the treatment plan. One thing which I want to focus upon is the Test tube baby cost which is extremely budget-friendly in India as compared to any other developed nation. On average, the test tube baby cost begins from Rs 50,000 and can go higher depending on the reason for infertility. At Gomti Thapar Hospital, Dr. Neelu Koura will first diagnose your condition and accordingly suggest you the best type of treatment plan.
How do doctors determine if I am infertile or not?
To determine whether you are infertile, the doctor will, first of all, check your entire medical history, and ask you questions regarding:
- What medications are you taking?
- About your sexual history and sex habits
- Any past medical treatment related to the reproductive health
Male fertility testing
At the same time, your partner needs to undergo a physical examination to make sure that their sperm health is right. The doctor is going to do sperm analysis and if required then ICSI/IVF treatment is suggested.
Female fertility testing
- In case of the women’s fertility testing, the doctor will also recommend performing pelvic examinations.
- In addition, the doctor will also check whether you’re ovulating or not. The ovaries must be releasing eggs which are important for you to conceive.
- The doctor will ask you to get a blood test to check the hormone levels in the body.
- The doctor will perform an ultrasound to check the health of your ovaries and uterus, to make sure that there is no problem. This can also help to check the fallopian tubes, whether they are blocked or not.
Do you know?
Around 5% to 15% of the test results come out to be normal and the reason for infertility is not known.
What are the treatment options for infertility?
Male Infertility treatment
- Surgery is suggested to the patient in case the scrotum veins are widened and the vas deferens is blocked which is the tube that helps to carry the sperm.
- The problem of erection and ejaculation can be treated with the help of counseling and medication.
- Hormone treatment is suggested to the patient when the hormones are extremely low.
Female Infertility Treatment
- In case the woman is not ovulating or her hormonal levels are not stored then fertility drugs are suggested.
- Surgery is suggested to open the blocked fallopian tubes, if not then IVF is suggested right away.
ART (Assisted Reproductive Treatment)
This treatment has changed the way patients get the treatment and get better results as well as they can conceive despite all the odds. In such a case, the doctor suggests the patient get IVF, IUI, IVF/ICSI, egg freezing, sperm freezing, embryo freezing, and much more.