Nowadays the ketogenic diet has become very famous these days which helps the person to lose a significant amount of weight. If you are overweight or obese then the chances of pregnant or overweight women who are trying to conceive might be wondering can they opt for the keto diet.
Many patients who are trying to conceive often ask whether they can opt for the keto diet or will it increase the fertility level. In this topic, we are going to tell you this in detail.
Adding a keto diet in your routine
For decades the keto diet ins been in use which is considered very helpful in reducing the frequency of seizures in children facing the problem of epilepsy.
The ketogenic diet requires calories from fat around 70 to 80 percent and calories from protein are around 15 to 25 percent, and calories from carbohydrates are around 5 to 10 percent.
Fertility Friendly Diet
- As women are trying to get pregnant it is important that they should focus on their diet. This is very helpful as it helps their body to get nourished properly. The keto diet is nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory, and low-glycemic. In case you are undergoing the IVF treatment then your IVF doctor will suggest the necessary changes which should be made in your diet.
- The ketogenic diet is considered very helpful in improving body weight. Moreover, it also helps the women who are not ovulating, facing the PCOS problem, or not able to release the egg. These conditions can affect women’s fertility negatively, which makes it difficult for them to conceive.
- It just not help in losing weight but also help in balancing the hormonal level properly. The hormonal imbalance issue is with women who are dealing with the issue of PCOS.
- The keto diet has the essential carbohydrates and micronutrients which helps in promoting the fertility level.
- In case you are facing any issue while conceiving or have any doubt then visit the IVF centre to get a reliable treatment plan which suits your condition.
Improvement in fertility level
- Egg development and ovulation will get better with the consumption of whole grains and legumes.
- Fetal development and neural tube defects are prevented when you start consuming fruits, dairy, and grains.
- Inflammation and stress are reduced by consuming the berries and cherries as they have essential antioxidants.
- Rich source of protein, folate, and potassium are beans & lentils.
What to do?
The keto diet is very helpful in improving fertility not just for women but it also helps to improve sperm quality. So, it is best to start a new diet routine with the keto diet and improve the chances of conception.