Kidney stones happen due to many factors in adults as well as in children. If you are suffering from stones, then must talk to a doctor and get proper treatment for your condition. Or you must read this article, because we are going to give you proper information about kidney stones.
Kidney stones are a common problem these days, not only in adults but also experienced by children due to poor lifestyle habits. Well, there are several causes of kidney stones that you need to understand before going for kidney stone removal procedure. These include-:
- You may not know that Caucasians are at greater risk of kidney stones as compared to African Americans.
- Well, stones usually experienced by women than men, and the number of females is increasing who get stones.
- These are experienced by people who are in their 20s and 40s.
- If a person previously had a kidney stone, then he may again experience it in the future.
- Once a person develops a kidney stone, he or she is more likely to get another.
- If you drink soft drinks or fluids that contain preservatives, you will surely experience kidney stones.
- If you do not drink enough water and dehydration is also the main culprit behind kidney stones.
- If you are obese and leading a sedentary lifestyle, then you will get stones.
- People who take medicines such as diuretics and anti-viral medicines are at greater risk of kidney stones.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Cloudy or odorous urine
- If you are experiencing chronic pain in the back. Or you may experience it too frequently, then you have kidney stones.
- Fever and chills
- Blood in the urine
- A burning sensation while urinating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent urination
In these conditions, you need to visit the Urology centre, so that you can get the proper check-up from a urologist. First of all, he will examine your health condition and then recommend you the appropriate treatment option according to your condition.
Treatment for Kidney Stones
Drink plenty of water
If you are experiencing stones and want to get rid of them, then you must drink plenty of water. Since it will help stones to pass through urine, make sure, you must avoid drinking soft drinks.
Take your medications
As we stated above, you need to visit the doctor, and you must take medication on time. This is useful to treat kidney stones, But if your doctor notices a serious problem, then he may recommend you stone removal procedure.
Moreover, you must consume a healthy diet, that prevents the development of kidney stones. You can also maintain a healthy weight because it leads to many health conditions along with kidney stones.