We all know getting enough sleep is an important part of increasing overall health. It is vital to get a few extra hours of sleep at night. But studies have shown that many people are getting less than 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
If you are facing issues of fertility then make sure to visit the best IVF centre in Punjab. The doctor will let you know how to develop a healthier sleeping pattern to improve the fertility level.
What happens if you do not get enough sleep?
- Our fertility specialist is highly trained and he can suggest you about the best treatment plan along with what kind of sleeping pattern you need to follow. The amount of sleep the women get each night not just impacts the productivity level but hormones are also impacted.
- If the body is not getting the right amount of sleep then the hormones are released by the body which regulates the way you feel and it can even lead to excessive weight gain. If you are trying to achieve a healthy weight to increase the chances of conception then make sure to get the right amount of sleep.
Hormone levels are in order with Sleep
- If you are trying to get your body weight to normal to increase the chances of conception then make sure to get enough sleep. You need to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night which helps in improving hormones and it is directly linked to increasing the chances of pregnancy. For couples who are trying to conceive, they need to maintain hormones like estrogen, progesterone, Leptin, and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
- For men also a proper amount of sleep is needed. Healthy sperm production is regulated by hormone testosterone which the body releases overnight. There have been several studies done on testosterone levels and how much sleep men need to get every night.
Getting the quality sleep
Not just getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep is enough but it needs to be of quality. If you use smartphones and tablets at night then the blue light emitted by them gets impacted greatly. It has shown that melatonin production is suppressed. This not only helps you fall asleep and you can stay asleep. Studies have also shown that it is important to protect the eggs when the ovulation time is extremely close.
How to get quality sleep?
- You need to set a designated time for getting sleep. You should try to wake up and sleep at the same time every day and even on weekends.
- Make sure to turn off the electronic devices one hour before bed and keep them out of the bedroom to reduce blue light exposure which can suppress melatonin.
- Make sure that the bedroom is cool, dark, and quiet as this will help you fall faster and you will get enough sleep you want.
- You can even opt for a meditation routine as this will relax your body and mind.