If you are about to begin your IVF cycle or have started with it, then this blog will be helpful for you. To get started, you should visit the best IVF centre in Punjab for increased success.
|Preparation||Begins 2 to 4 weeks before the IVF. medications are prescribed to make your menstrual cycle regular.|
|Stage 1||This stage takes one day and it is scheduled near the menstrual cycle.|
|Stage 2||The stage is completed in 3 to 12 days. The fertility medications will wake up, or stimulate the ovaries.|
|Stage 3||Pregnancy hormone is given to the patients, also called hCG.|
|Stage 4||Completed in one day and divided in 2 parts. The eggs and sperms provided by the partner are used, donor sperm/egg, or frozen egg/sperm are used.|
|Stage 5||One week later, eggs are harvested and the embryo is transferred back to the womb.|
|Stage 6||Following 9 to 12 days, the doctor will do a scan to check whether the embryo is attached to the uterus lining or not.|
What you should eat during IVF?
To revamp your diet is important and here’s what you need to do:
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Include healthy fats like nuts, seeds, extra-virgin olive oil, avocado, and much more.
- Do not eat red meat, refined grains, sugar, and other processed food.
- Reduce salt and spicy food in your daily regime.
- Include lean protein like poultry & fish.
- Include lentils, beans, and chickpeas in your diet.
How should you workout during IVF?
You can continue with your exercise regime but be careful to not put extra pressure on the body. Instead of lung runs, do these on the daily basis:
- Light Jogging
- The elliptical
What should you avoid daily?
Chemicals to avoid and where they’re found:
|Chemical name||Where is it found?|
|● Nail polish|
Parabens, triclosan, and benzophenone
BPA and other phenols
|● Food-packaging materials
Brominated flame retardants
● Yoga mats
|● Stain-resistant materials
● Nonstick cooking tools
● Art clay
Which are the medications you need to tell your doctor about?
If you are taking any of these medications then do inform the doctor about the same:
- Prescription and OTC nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Midol, and Motrin), and naproxen (Aleve)
- Medications for depression, anxiety, and mental health conditions, like antidepressants
- Skin products, especially those containing estrogen or progesterone
- Chemotherapy drugs
- Anti Seizure medications
- Thyroid medications
- Steroids, for asthma or lupus treatment
How much sleep is required during IVF?
Fertility and sound sleep are necessary & you must get the right amount of sleep. Make sure that you sleep for 7 to 8 hours. Ideally, you should sleep from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. Some of the healthy habits for peaceful sleep are mentioned-below:
- Avoid coffee consumption 4 to 6 hours before bedtime.
- Do not eat 2 to 3 hours before you sleep.
- Limit the screentime to 30 minutes before sleep.
- Do gentle exercise before bedtime.
- Listen to soft music and you should relax.
How to take care of yourself during IVF?
- Increase water consumption
- Meditate & do gentle exercise
- Take a long bath
- Get massage
- Get manicure & pedicure
- Buy yourself flowers
- Go out with friends
- Eat your favorite snack
- Get your makeup
- Schedule a photoshoot