Several women suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding due to certain factors and health conditions as well. In this case, you must try to find the cause of heavy menstrual bleeding. This may cause due to fibroids and endometriosis, so you have to get the right treatment for your condition on time.
Women usually start the menstrual cycle at the age of 14 or 15. in the beginning, they experience normal menstrual bleeding but after some time, they may suffer from heavy periods. This will surely affect your lifestyle or everyday life as well. So, you need to meet the gynae doctor for check-up and treatment. And ask Gynae in India how much menstrual bleeding is normal and what are the symptoms of heavy menstrual bleeding. Well, this condition is additionally known as menorrhagia, which is experienced by only a few ladies.
Causes of heavy bleeding or menorrhagia
As we stated above, the main reasons behind heavy bleeding are Endometriosis and Fibroids. However, there are several other causes of heavy menstrual bleeding include-:
- PID-: Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Endometrial polyps
- Cancer in the Womb also leads to the painful or heavy menstrual cycles.
- PCOS-: Usually Polycystic Ovary Syndrome results in irregular periods, but when your periods start again, you will surely experience heavy bleeding.
- Blood clotting disorders include Von Willebrand Disease.
- Depression or stress
- An Underactive Thyroid gland, that is additionally known as Hypothyroidism.
There are certain medications that lead to heavy periods or menorrhagia such as-:
- Cancer treatment or medicines that are used in chemotherapy.
- The insertion of an IUD ( intrauterine contraceptive device) leads you to a heavy period.
Symptoms of heavy menstrual bleeding
- If you feel the need to change your sanitary pads every hour
- If you are experiencing blood clots larger than 2.5cm
- Too much bleeding through to your clothes or bedding
The treatment of heavy bleeding is based on many factors include-:
- The lifestyle of the person
- Future plans of childbearing
- Medical history
- Overall health
- The severity of the condition
- Tolerance of the person to the medication
Certain medication for menorrhagia or heavy menstrual bleeding
- Hormonal IUD
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Oral progesterone
- Tranexamic acid
Treatment options are available to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or menorrhagia in several women. These include-:
- Focused ultrasound surgery
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Dilation and curettage
- Endometrial resection
To get these treatments you have to visit the lady doctor. Don’t be shy and talk to the doctor openly, so that she can suggest suitable treatment according to your condition. And she will also guide you on how to tackle these types of problems in the future.