Treatments to get pregnant while facing unexplained infertility

Treatments to get pregnant while facing unexplained infertility

    Enquiry Form

    Perfectly fertile people have only a   20 % chance of conceiving which equates to an 80 % chance of failing to do it. The fertile couples may take a year to achieve their dream of having a family. However, some couples who haven’t heard the good news even after trying for a year must visit a doctor. There are some cases where there is no apparent reason for being unable to  reproduce. It is called unexplained infertility. These couples can see a ray of hope in the IVF treatment. IVF doctor at gomti thapar recommends IVF treatment for such couples. So visit your nearest IVF centre if you suspect infertility and want to give birth to your biological child.

    Diagnosing Unexplained Infertility

    The diagnosis of unexplained infertility is established when the couples’ standard infertility results ( HSG (hysterosalpingogram), semen analysis, reproductive hormone measurement, uterus, and surrounding areas don’t show any anomaly or probable reason for not conceiving. The couples are advised to approach the doctor when they fail to conceive even after 1 year of trying.

    Diagnostic Testing

    The doctor may be able to diagnose reasons like poor sperm quality and blocked fallopian tubes, as the probable reason. However, the finer factors of infertility like DNA fragmentation of the sperm  or poor egg quality are difficult to diagnose.

    Recommended Treatment for unexplained infertility

    1. Timed Intercourse

    Having intercourse during the period when the chances of conception are most favorable is recommended as the first treatment. Taking Clomid, an oral medication triggers the ovulation, after which the first 36 hours are favorable for conception. The flip side of this procedure is that you can do it for only 5-6 cycles as you might end up wasting time if you continue for more than that. The use of Clomid may also raise the chances of multiple pregnancies.

    1. IUI 

    After stimulating the ovulation cycle, the semen of the male partner is placed in the uterus of the woman using medical assistance. It is recommended for female patients under 30.

    1. Injectable FSH & IUI

    In this type of treatment, the female is given FSH stimulation followed by IUI (intrauterine insemination. In case this fails, the next option is IVF.

    1. IVF

    The procedure involves the fusion of an egg and the sperm in the lab petri dish. The best embryo is selected after all the embryos formed are observed for stability and survival chances. It is followed by the implantation of the embryo into the woman’s body.

    About The Author


    No Comments

    Leave a Reply

    What New’s
    Hospital Tour