What Are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids or fibroids uterus is one of the most common conditions observed in women. But most of the time, they are too small to cause any kind of problem. They are basically semi-round or round-shaped benign tumors that the urologist in Moga found in the uterus.
It is made of smooth fibers, similar to the uterine wall or myometrium. Though, there are times when they are comparatively denser than the fibers of the wall of the uterus. They are also known as myomas or Leiomyomas, and let me tell you before; these tumors are not cancerous.
What Are The Types Of Uterine Fibroids?
The best surgeon in Moga categorizes fibroids based on their location.
Given below are the types of fibroids:
- Myometrial Fibroids – The doctor finds it in the muscular wall of the uterus.
- Submucosal Fibroids – The doctor finds it under the interior surface of the uterus or inside it.
- Subserosal Fibroids – The Doctor finds it on the outside wall of the uterus.
- Pedunculated Fibroids – The doctor finds it outside the uterus but connected to it by a base or stalk.
What Are The Causes Of Uterine Fibroids?
Let us now move toward the exact reasons for developing fibroids in the uterus. Although the professional does not know the real cause of fibroids. There are still some possibilities that might cause it:
- Having genetic abnormalities or changes
- Noticing abnormalities in the vascular system
- Stimulation from progesterone and estrogen hormones
- Family history of fibroids in the uterus
- Tissue response to any kind of injury
- Certain races in the women. Women of African descent are more likely to suffer from fibroids uterus.
- If you have had a menstrual period before you pass the age of 10 years
- Consuming an excess of alcohol, especially beer
- Infections in the uterine
- Having hypertension or increased blood pressure.
What Are The Symptoms Of Uterine Fibroids?
Most of the time, you will not notice any symptoms in the uterine fibroids. But there are some women who would encounter symptoms such as:
- Having heavy menstrual cycle bleeding
- Having prolonged menstrual periods (i.e., up to 7 days or longer)
- Suffering from pain or pressure in the pelvic
- Having an urge to urinate frequently
- Noticing bloating of the pelvis or the belly
- Pain during intercourse
- Pain in the lower pelvis or belly
- Pain in the legs
What Are The Types Of Investigations And Tests For Uterine Fibroids?
Some of those examinations include:
- Blood Tests
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Uterine Biopsy
What Are The Type Of Treatment Available?
- Watchful waiting: As they are usually non-cancerous.
- Medication: it regulates the menstrual cycle and does not cure diseases.
- Non-invasive procedure: Focused Ultrasound Surgery (FUS) is an MRI-guided non-invasive procedure that does not need an incision.
- Minimally invasive procedures: They include:
- Artery Embolization
- Laparoscopic or Robotic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Endometrial Ablation and Resection of Submucosal Fibroids
Visit Gomti Thapar Hospital and treat your uterine fibroids. A reputable space that works on providing the best to their patient.