Both gynecologists and obstetricians focus on women’s health. However, is there any major difference between them, when you plan to consult them? It is important to understand that OB/GYN is considered one speciality and there are 2 distinct fields:
- Gynecology (GYN)
Consultation with the best gynecologist in Punjab will focus on understanding women’s health issues.
- Obstetrics (the OB)
With OB, you are going to get treatment for pregnancy, childbirth, preconception, and the care needed right after the delivery.
When you visit the top-rated IVF centre in Punjab, you will find a highly trained fertility expert and suggest a strategic treatment plan.
What is expected in both the fields to become skilled and able to perform the duty correctly?
Once the medical school graduation is completed, the future OB/GYN needs to complete the residency training program. This helps the OB/GYN to focus on all the stages of pregnancy i.e. from preconception to post-pregnancy.
During the training, he or she will get an understanding of genetic counseling, genetics, and the concerns which revolve around prenatal treatment.
Apart from that, the residency training will include in-depth information on family planning, reproductive endocrinology, ultrasonography, infertility, gynecologic oncology, and gynecologic surgery.
Getting the training in gynecology and obstetrics will allow them to go with one field or they can even do practice in both the fields OB/GYNs.
- If the medical health has done practice in obstetrics then they won’t provide the treatment outside pregnancy.
- The physicians whose primary focus is on gynecology will not consider the cases related to pregnancy or delivering a baby. They provide treatment for urinary tract issues, cancer screenings, and many other issues.
- The OB/GYN emphasizes both the factors. In simple terms, she will be like your primary care physicians.
Your OB/GYN will have practiced in different settings like academic settings, community practices, private practices, and hospitals.
How to choose the right OB/GYN?
If you are looking for a health expert to get you the right information on pregnancy, fertility, and all the concerns regarding reproductive health, then carefully make the final choice. While making the choice consider these tips:
- You should check her experience as the experience is what allows them to give you the right information. This way the success factor also increases while you are getting the treatment.
- Make sure the one who has been selected has completed proper training.
- Check the reviews or testimonials, to see how the previous patients have reacted to their treatment approach.