You can get medical treatment from urologists and nephrologists when it comes to kidney problems. Urologists are the known medical experts who can provide treatment for several conditions like:
- Taking out the kidney cancer
- Open up the blockage in the ureters from stones
- Drain the bladder correctly
On the other hand, nephrologists are the medical experts specializing in making the kidney function better by all means. If needed, then they will suggest getting the dialysis. If you have a kidney problem, then visit one of the best.
Kidney Hospital in Punjab to get yourself the right treatment plan and make your health better.
Which kidney problems are treated by kidney doctors?
Kidney doctors are known for treating several kidney-related conditions. Some of them are:
- Acute kidney injury
Acute kidney disease means a rapid condition that is even linked to kidney problems, dehydration, shock, or the urinary tract is not getting drained adequately.
- Chronic renal failure
Chronic kidney disease can occur due to several health conditions.
Which health issues can affect kidney disease?
Here is the list of the common health issues that can affect kidney functioning:
- Chronic kidney infections
- Kidney stones which cause obstruction. In that case, the Kidney Stone Surgery in Punjab can be referred to make your condition better.
- Diabetes (diabetic nephropathy), Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure around the globe.
- Kidney disease related to high blood pressure and heart disease
- Congenital kidney problems such as horseshoe kidney (Such problem is present since the birth)
- Glomerulonephritis, kidney inflammation which can result in several processes. Moreover, there is even a risk of strep throat.
- Kidney disease related to lupus (lupus nephritis)
- Polycystic kidney disease: Cystic kidney disease is hereditary, though the severity of the disease can be different
- Autoimmune diseases such as IgA nephropathy
- Kidney failure secondary to liver disease (hepatorenal syndrome)
Management of kidney disease is essential so as not to let the symptoms get worse with time.
What are the symptoms of kidney disease?
As the kidney is accountable for performing several functions, several things can go wrong. If you are dehydrated, then the kidneys will not store the necessary amount of fluid the way they should. Moreover, the potassium and sodium level is affected due to improper kidney functioning.
There are high chances that you notice a problem urinating. Moreover, there is flank pain because of the kidney location. One of the biggest problems is that the early symptoms are seen with kidney disease.
How do doctors diagnose kidney disease?
Several tests are there to check the kidney problem. Some of them are:
- GFR (glomerular filtration rate)
- Urine tests (especially looking for protein in the urine)
- Imaging tests such as CT, MRI, and IVP
- BUN (blood urea nitrogen)
- Cr (creatinine)