IUI Cost | Best IUI Clinic in Moga, Punjab
WHAT IS IUI?
It is the procedure in which the washed sperms are deposited in the uterus of a female by a medical procedure. The process is useful for couples who are dealing with infertility. This process is a part of assisted reproductive technology for enhancing the chances of conception. The semen sample is extracted from the male partner and stored in a nutrient-rich medium. It is then placed in the uterine cavity. If all goes well, the sperms manage to reach the ovum resulting in successful fertilization. IUI Centre in Moga – Gomti Thapar Hospital is the one of the finest IUI centre in Punjab.
WHY IS IT NEEDED?
- It is used in case there are problems such as Poor semen quality.
- Low sperm count or motility
- Impotence in males
- Premature ejaculation in males
- Problems in the cervix ,which leads to failure of sperms to reach the ovum.
- Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome
- Unexplained infertility
STEPS IN IUI
Before Taking The First Step
Discussion of the medical history of the couple is mandatory otherwise it will be just an exercise in futility. The doctor needs to be sure that both the partners fulfil the prerequisites of the treatment method. It usually requires the check-up of the following points-
- The ovary of the patient is producing healthy eggs.
No blockage of the fallopian tubes must be there
- There should be no anomaly in the uterus
- The sperms must be normal as far as motility and morphology are concerned.
- The doctor should rule out any infection if donor sperm is used.
- Ovulation Induction: The female is given medicines to augment her ovulation capacity. This leads to the production of multiple eggs during ovulation, which increases the chances of conception.
- Semen Collection: The patient needs to collect his semen sample through masturbation. This process is generally performed in the clinic.
- Preparation Of The Semen Sample: This is also called sperm washing. In this step, the motile sperms are kept and the other sperms are eliminated.The procedure takes about an hour. The sample is then used in the insemination process.
- Insemination: The female is told to be in the lying position, with her legs raised. A speculum is inserted into the vagina to analyse it. After this, the semen is introduced gently into the uterus. The patient is made to wait in a similar position for about half an hour.
After The IUI
After a period of 30 minutes wherein she is asked to be in the lying position, the female can carry on with her normal activities.
She is under no prohibition for working or traveling.
She can enjoy regular sex life
If the patient experiences pain, she can opt for painkillers, but only after the doctor’s consultation.
The doctor may prescribe some medicines or suppositories.
The Determination Of The Results
A pregnancy test is carried out after two weeks of IUI treatment. In case the conception takes place, an ultrasound scan is performed. If there is any doubt regarding the pregnancy, the couple should get in touch with the clinic.
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS?
IUI offers a good chance of success in cases where there are problems with the male partner or the reachability of the sperm. It depends on a multitude of factors-
- Usage of fertility drugs: The chances increase with the use of fertility drugs.
- Sperm sample: The sperm sample must be of optimum quality. The doctors generally refrain from using semen samples with poor sperm count.
- The chances of success may vary from 15%-30% depending on the expertise of the doctor and the infrastructure of the clinic.
- If after 4-6 cycles, the results are not successful, the couple must opt for IVF.
THE COST FACTOR
Of course, the procedure comes at a cost, but it is definitely lesser than the cost of IVF. IUI Cost in Ludhiana will depend on the geographic location and the expertise level of the doctor. The infrastructure of the clinic will also be the deciding factor.