What is sexual dysfunction?
The condition which shows recurrent and persistent problems with the sexual behavior and response of the females, including desire, pain or orgasm which may lead to problems with the partner are termed as sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction is seen at various points of life in females. The condition has emotions and experiences behind it as it has a psychological and physiological component to it. The treatment also thus requires an approach on more than one level. Female sexual health treatment in moga is available to help women suffering from it.
Which are common gynecological problems?
- Heavy or delayed periods, absence of periods, scanty periods, frequency deviating from the normal pattern.
- Problems in conception
- White discharge from the vagina
- Appreciation of womb during straining
- Presence of tumor in the womb.
- Presence of Cancer in the reproductive organs
- Itching in the genital area
- Problems with urination –too frequent, too less or inability to hold or pas the urine.
- Advice on contraception
The diagnosis is based on clinical history and examination. The examination is a little different than routine check-ups as it is quite intimate.
Symptoms vary from patient to patient.Most common symptoms are –
- The low libido-The female often experiences a lack of interest in sexual activities and interaction.
- Problems in getting aroused-Although the desire for sex may be intact, there might be problems in arousal and maintaining the arousal if it happens.
- Problems in reaching the orgasm-The female often experience a problem in achieving orgasm even after sufficient arousal.
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse-The female might experience pain when sexual stimulation or vaginal contact is made.
The condition has a number of causes-
- Physical-If the patient is suffering from a medical condition like cancer, kidney failure or heart disease, then she might have sexual dysfunction.
- Medications –Certain medicines which are used for treating blood pressure or pertaining to chemotherapy can decrease the sexual desire of the patient.
- Hormonal problems-After menopause, the female experiences low estrogen levels which lead to change in the pattern of sexual responsiveness and genital tissues. It might lead to requirement of more time to get aroused.
- The vaginal lining becomes thin and less elastic when the female is not sexually active. This may lead to pain during intercourse.
Etymologically speaking, the word means the science of women. On a medical level, it deals with the health and wellbeing of the female reproductive system. It deals with the care of uterus, vagina and the ovaries. Its counterpart is andrology , which is the science of dealing with the male reproductive system. Female Sexual Disorders Treatment is available in many clinics.
It is the surgical part of dealing with women and child care during the pregnancy, childbirth , and postnatal period.