What Is Endometriosis?
It is a common condition which can be seen in women in their reproductive age. In this condition, the internal lining of the uterine cavity, called endometrium, starts growing outside the uterus. The growth can be seen on the ovaries, fallopian tubes, bowel, and pelvic tissue lining. Though the reasons for the condition are unknown, it has been reported in many females. One can avail Endometriosis Treatment in Moga.
Endometriosis and its effect on fertility
The lining of the uterus is formed every month for preparing the uterus for pregnancy. This lining is shed when the woman fails to conceive. It comes out in the form of menstrual blood. If the woman is suffering from endometriosis, the bleeding doesn’t exit and starts penetrating other organs like tubes, ovaries or the peritoneal cavity. The immune system treats it as a wound, which results in the formation of a scar. The scarring causes adhesions and pain during menstruation. If the tubes are damaged in the process, it might result in infertility. Around 5- 10 % of women suffer from this condition and it is a common cause of infertility. Endometriosis Treatment is available at many clinics. Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis Treatment is another relevant treatment option.
Causes of Endometriosis?
The causes are unknown but certain factors are known to contribute-
- Hormones– the hormone estrogen, which is found in females, is known to promote Endometriosis.
- Genetics–If your mother or sister suffered from it ,you will probably too suffer from it. It may be passed from generation to generation.
- Menstrual Period Issues– In some women, the problem of backward period flow is seen, which means the tissue supposed to be shed outside flows backward via fallopian tubes into the pelvis.
- Environmental Exposures–exposure to industrial chemicals compounds before taking birth, then she might suffer from the condition.Early onset of the menstrual period (before the age of 11yrs). Heavy menstrual periods that are characterized by a longer duration as compared to 5 days also happen during this period.
- Symptoms of Endometriosis
- Abnormally Heavy menstrual periods
- Pain in the Pelvis and lower back
- Constipation ,bloating diarrhoea ,urinary problems
- Bleeding in the urine or stool
- Pain during sexual intercourse
Endometriosis and IVF Success Rate
Endometriosis casts an unfavourable impact on the process of IVF. The egg count and quality show deterioration, thereby decreasing the chances of implantation and pregnancy. However, IVF can help patients with endometriosis to conceive. Endometriosis Treatment in Moga is possible with IVF.
It is a condition in which the endometrium breaks through the uterus wall. It can lead to bloating, heavy periods, the pressure in the lower abdomen and cramps during menstruation. The condition might exist in various areas of the uterus or concentrated at one spot. It can lead to loss of pregnancy and failure of implantation.
Who Suffers from Adenomyosis?
This condition is often seen in middle-aged women. Women who had prior surgery in their uterus might also experience this condition. The condition can be treated using injections and hormone protocols. Surgical treatment is also available like –
- Excision surgery
- In extreme cases,surrogacy can be recommended.
Endometriosis Treatment and IVF
IVF holds the solution to the condition. In the process, the eggs are retrieved from the body of the female and the sperm is extracted from the male. Both the entities are made to fuse together in a petri dish in a lab. The eggs hopefully fuse with the sperms and form embryos. The embryos are allowed to develop for a period of 3-5 days. The best of them are implanted into the uterus of the woman. If successful implantation and pregnancy follow, it leads to the successful birth of a baby.